Thursday, August 4, 2011

Torture

So here I sit....my youngest slept for 2 hrs last night; from 12-2am. And has not yet felt the need to close her eyes since then! Then her sister woke up at 7:30. This is WAY early for her. This is going to be a great day.
I truly don't understand. There is no medical reason for the youngest to behave this way. Her belly is full, she is tired....so SLEEP! She won't sleep in her own bed, whether put down awake or asleep, instantly awake and screaming. I've managed to nurse her, so when she was very young I would nurse and then put her in the bassinet. However, she almost always woke up immediately and flipped out. Then I started falling asleep sitting up nursing her; so I started laying down and nursing her. At some point; I can't remember when she stopped sleeping at night, at all. There's an hr here or there at most. But there have been more of these all nighters for me than I can count on all my digits. I'm at the end of my rope. I need sleep, clearly if anyone does read this, you will see my thoughts are jumbled and I'm rambling. (I've always had problems with that, never did the punctuation right!)
I've tried leaving her in her bed, and CIO, doesn't happen. She escalates until she can't breathe. And in all honesty I'm not one for that method anyway. Brings back memories of nightmares...and standing silently next to my parents bed. Hoping my mom would wake up and make it all better. So it never goes well. When I've let my 20 mtg old CIO, even now, she escalates until she vomits.
Anyway, not sure what else to do. Short of drugging the kid...which just isn't going to happen. We've tried hubby giving her a bottle, atmost I think we got an hr out of that. She won't take a pacifier, in fact at night she fights back if we try to put it in her mouth. The only other thing I can think to try is pumping, and have hubby give her a bottle with cereal mixed in. Which is the idea my mom and sister had, because they know I'm about to lose it.
My house is a wreck, I'm lucky to find a way to shower, and cooking dinner...forget it. How? Sometimes I do manage that, and it really does make me feel so good...
Even though my current contribution is being a stay at home mom, and raising roué girls, sometimes it is hard to feel like I'm making a difference. Or that my contributions mean much. I guess that's what people mean when they say that being a mom can feel like a thankless job. We get to deal with all the attitudes, long and endless nights, the messes, being the bad guy...since we were home and said NO. I know the list goes on and on....
Thank God I have wonderful husband! If I didn't have him I know I would've lost my mind a long time ago he is so involved, and helps me because he loves me, how awesome is that. So while I sit moaning and whining, I have to remember it could be worse. I could be alone doing this, or with some of my ex's that were nasty human beings.

1 comment:

  1. An FYI to anyone that finds themselves reading this...I didn't proofread any of the posts. Sorry if they don't make sense.

    ReplyDelete