Saturday, September 3, 2011

Adventures in Cloth Diapering....

So now I am up to 30 diapers! WOW! I've got 12 Nubunz, 1 Sunbaby, 6 Bumgenius 3.0/AIO and 11 Bumgenius 3.0 pockets.
I am not so sure this was a good idea. I feel like we have spent a lot of money and are not reaping ANY benefits at this point! I have MAJOR leak issues, almost constantly. With both of the girls now, we only really had this problem at night, with baby #1, and on RARE occasions during nap. I now have BLOW OUT problems with both girls, this was a treat generally only rewarded to this mama by baby #2. I have STINK issues....super uncool! I also now have clothing issues, half of the stuff doesn't fit over these stinkin diapers!
So as I sit here and think back over the past several weeks, I have to say WTF was I thinking? Have I gone mad? Seriously, if I figure the amount of money that we have now spent, including purchases last night (hopefully hemp inserts are gonna help), I've probably got atleast $250 in if not more. That's 12 boxes of 144 diapers (target brand)! That is enough to last me several months! My water bill has DOUBLED! WHAT!!!!! And I now have a bigger problem because the HOT water will not hook up to the washer.
I keep thinking at some point it has to get better...right? But I find myself longing for the ease of disposables again. I don't want to give up on this, especially after having spent all this money! But is it me? Am I missing something here? Have I skipped a step and lost my way? I clearly didn't do enough research, I read a bunch of stuff. But there's just TOO much out there. Everyone has a different idea, solution, or routine. There's a million kinds of diapers out there. Which one is the best? Well...apparently that depends on your baby! WHAT!!! I want a diaper that will work! I want a diaper that will work on both babies, and any future babies. I don't want to spend buckets of money trying to find the "right" diaper or system.
I am at a loss. I am fed up.
I have entered COUNTLESS giveaways, in hopes that I will win some stinkin (not really stinking) diapers. I have yet to get anything for free. I keep thinking, if I win one maybe it'll be the ONE! And my search will have been completed. I will know what to do. I can sell all of these other diapers that don't work for us and buy that brand! But...my ship has yet to come in. So I sit irritated.
WHY did I do this? What was I thinking. I need help!

1 comment:

  1. Well dear - you didn't win diapers but you did win the book from TMG and believe me I know your feelings... I never win anything that I really need! Please email me your email at njbish5 (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks. Looking forward to connecting with you... in reading some of your posts I hope/think I can help you as we also had a daughter who NEVER slept!

    ReplyDelete